Saturday, May 24, 2014

Happenings & Prayer Request

First of all, I want to say I am sorry if I have mislead you by not being real on my blog.  It's so easy to put on a happy face and not really let others get to know me but now I wonder how honest is that?

I've been working through many things lately and one thing I've learned about myself is that I have a lot to learn about relationships and I'd like to start by focusing on my relationship with God.  I want a deeper, stronger relationship with my heavenly Father.

The past few months have been full of many emotions and struggles for me.  The best way I can explain it is I just felt oppressed emotionally, spiritually and physically by this trial.

A church friend reminded me to find my joy in the Lord and not in my circumstances because God doesn't promise it will be easy for us (1 Thes 5:18).  I needed that reminder and I am so thankful for dear friends who are willing to speak truth into my life and direct me back to the Bible.

I've been listening through some messages on Philippians today and I was challenged to be more like Paul who persevered and pressed on toward the goal.  I don't know exactly what God's will is for my life but I do know that I want my life to bring Glory to God (Is 64:4).

Please pray for me as I go see a new neurologist  this next week, pray we are able to get some answers.

1 comment:

riTa Koch said...

Yes, dear Lizzie.
Thank you for sharing.

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...