Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Doctor's Visit Update

I know many of you have been praying for me and my health since I had my grand mal seizure back in March.  Yesterday I went to the neurologist for my follow up appointment, to see my blood work results and talk to him about the fact that I am still having mini seizures (on average I'm having 2 to 3 a week) 

The doctor reviewed the blood results and determined that my liver is being badly affected by the Depakote medicine I am taking so he is  slowly taking me off that medicine, however since I am still experiencing seizures he is going to increase Keppra which is the other medicine I am currently taking for seizures.

He is giving me a month to let my body readjust to the new medication dosage and then he wants more blood work and another follow up appointment. 

I also have an EEG scheduled August 26th but I am praising the Lord that He is in charge and I am here to be used by Him.

Thanks again for all your prayers and to God be the Glory!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you dear Elizabeth.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you as well! Love you!

Spreading the Word & Chickens Everywhere

  Sorry this post is late but better late than never.   Last year we decided to reach out to one of the missionaries we support when it cam...